whole. heal. holy.
I’ve been having smoothies a lot lately for breakfast, they’re especially nice and light on our hot summer mornings here in Durbs. Everyday I try something a little different depending on what I have. Today’s was especially delicious, so I thought I’d share.
Ok here’s what you need:
- 2/3 chunks frozen banana (pre-peeled, chopped & frozen)
- small handful frozen blackberries
- 3 table spoons of organic greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil
- sprinkle of goji berries
- handful of pecan nuts
- cinnamon (mmm..very good for you)
- dash of pure organic cranberry concentrate
Place all in a blender, add a little water, mix and voila!
Enjoy the yummy goodness of this super-fruit smoothie :)
I’ve tried adding raw spirulina powder in the mix but I find it ruins the taste a bit for me, so I usually just down it separate with other greens.
Fresh ground flax-seed is also great to add to smoothies – lots of omegas & fibre.
If you can get a hold of real organic eggs, adding a raw egg yolk or two provides a natural protein boost that really sustains you for hours.